Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday March 18th




Are you "that" guy/girl? Are you that person walking around the theme park, or carnival with your kids on your right, and your super mega pixel SLR and 500mm slung on your hip? Are you not able to have a good time with your family because you're too busy worrying about your multi thousand dollar setup? I was... but not anymore! I'm done. No more hauling my SLR's and lenses with me to take standard, boring "vacation" or tourist style pictures. I can take those with my wife's crappy point and shoot. If you're not able to have a good time, what's the point? I walked around Disney world for 12 hours yesterday and had a BLAST! Not just because I was there with my family, but because I wasn't worried about my camera, or composing a picture of my kids. I was free to ride rides, enjoy the kids enjoying themselves and have a good day. There were all sorts of people there lugging around the SLR's and spending so much time on that stuff that they couldn't enjoy just being there... But I digress.

It's been a great few days down here in Florida. We've enjoyed wonderful weather, and even better food. It's almost time to get back to the grind of life but until I do I plan on getting lots more shooting in! The biggest thing that I plan on trying to shoot is some HDR. I'm hoping to do some HDR from under a peir and of the ocean. I'll let you know how it goes.

On the HDR theme I recently discovered the program that Matt Kloskowski uses. It's called Photo Matix . I have been playing with this program for a few days, and I have to tell you that it blows the HDR converter in Photoshop out of the water hands down. It has a really nice interface, and it makes it really easy to do a HDR conversion.

Nikon has started shipping the new 35mm 1.8 . For $200 I'm going to get one just to play with. It will give you an effective focal length of 50mm which is just about perfect for portraits.

Thanks for reading everyone! I have a lot more stuff to write about, but lets face it, it's 80 degrees and I'm staying on a beach... So that's it for me today! Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment