Monday, February 16, 2009

Pocket Wizard has anwered my Prayers




What you are looking at above is the New transmitter receiver from Pocket Wizard. Up until this point the only way to get full TTL capabilities with radio frequency dependability was to use radio poppers. They work fine, but they have to be attached to the side of your flash somehow, and they WONT FIRE A STUDIO STROBE. This was the deal breaker for me. I wanted to be able to fire a studio strobe and use TTL when I have my speed lights attached. Thanks to Pocket Wizard, you can do it now. The pocket wizard unit has a hot shoe attachment on the bottom that allows you to attach it to the hotshoe of your camera. On the top of the unit there is a female hot shoe adapter that allows you to place you flash on top as well. This means that you can still use your speed light on the camera and fire other flash units wirelessly with TTL capability. For $219.00 they're a steal. The Canon version is available starting March 1st. The Nikon version won't be available until the second quarter of this year. I hope they hurry up with those Nikon units. I'm going to get on the pre-order list when it's available.

No comments:

Post a Comment