Thursday, January 1, 2009

Where to buy


Today we're going to do a quick one about where to get your gear. Do you buy your gear new or used? Do you spend more money upgrading your body, or on better glass? So lets get to it.

New or used? New if you can afford it. If you are new to photography, and you don't have the extra money to spend on new equipment get used. Don't be afraid to pick up a used body or lens as long as you have it checked out at a reputable camera shop. If you can afford it, by all means buy new. It's nice to have a warranty to back your purchase. I have done both. I have bought new, and I have bought used. The key is to research what you're buying, and make sure you're buying a well maintained product.

Where do I buy? When buying new, I buy from Adorama , or B&H . These are two of the best online shops for products. They have been in business for a number of years, and they both have wonderful customer service. Used, I shop around Craigslist a lot searching for deals. The thing I like about Craigslist is that you can physically inspect the item before you buy it. For this reason alone, I don't like Ebay. Even with Paypal, I don't like not seeing the product before I buy. It's New Years day, and there's football to watch, so I'll see you tomorrow. Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment