Saturday, January 31, 2009

Even when it's cold outside





It's been so nasty outside lately that most people haven't wanted to get out for much of anything. I have to tell you that I haven't felt like being out in this weather either, but yesterday I decided that I should get out and go see the new exhibits at the Art museum. I love to spend time there. It's interesting to see how painters organized their subjects, and how they interpreted the light that fell on them. It's often said that to become a better photographer, you should study painters. Painters have long paid special attention to light, and shadow. After all it's not just the light that makes a photo beautiful, it's the shadow as well. The difference between the shadow areas and the highlight areas are what gives the photograph depth. While I was at the Museum I decided to stop by the Krohn Conservatory. It's one of my favorite places to visit in the winter. No matter what it's like outside, it's always beautiful inside of the conservatory. The first image is of the current setup in the west room. The second photo is of a flower that caught my eye while I was walking around. I shot it at f/2.8 with single area focus selected so that I could focus specifically on the center of the flower. Hope you guys like it. So no matter what the weather is like outside, there's always somewhere nice to photograph in winter. Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment