Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wednesday, June 3rd



I attended a studio lighting workshop put on by Bob Ebersole of the Camera Club of Cincinnati. He did a very good job of explaining things so that people could understand them. The model didn't show, so many of the attendees "sat in" and this shot above is of John Stuedle. John has an awesome face for a textured photo look. I really enjoy photographing him. Anyway it was a really good time, and I hope to do it again soon.

An update on the Photo Walk in Cincinnati. David Zisers walk filled this morning so that means my walk went live. I'm currently finishing the final details on it and I should have it up and active tomorrow so that everyone can start signing up. We're going to have a good time, and someone is going to win a free copy of Scott Kelby's new book, and maybe a whole lot more!

The price of the D300 dropped today on Amazon to the $1500 mark. The rumor is that Nikon has a "S" version of the D300 coming out soon similar to how they did the D70 and the D70s. We'll see. So far all of the specs that have been rumored haven't been enough to make me want to upgrade.

That's all I have for tonight. Tomorrow I plan on doing an in depth review on the Pocket Wizard Transceivers. See you all then.

P.S. Clear your calenders for this Friday evening. It's that time again. The first Friday of the Month is Shop Bellevue and we're going to be open until 9pm. Come hang out with us and get a free 5X7 shot in the studio. See you all there! Jason

1 comment:

  1. I attended the evening session with Bob... it was fantastic. I hope to also do it again very soon! I learned a lot in just 3 short hours. Brooke, our model, was fantastic. I look forward to the post on the pocket wizard.

    ReplyDelete