Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday, June 23rd




Good morning everyone. I've already sent out emails about this promotion we're doing so you probably already know about it, but I figure it's worth repeating. Starting tomorrow Wednesday 24th we're going to be doing 4th of July photos. we will be doing two different backgrounds. One white, and one Red. The Shot taken above is the red background. The package is $55 dollars for two printed poses. You get 3 8X10's, 4 5X7s, and 8 wallets. If you would like an appointment, please call or email myself or Shad to do that.

Today is the last day to submit your photos to the Strobist's Bootcamp II assignment. If you want to participate, better do it today.

If you are planning on attending my photo walk on July 18 better hurry and sign up. There are only 18 spots left. To find out all of the details click Here. Nikon just joined in on the sponsorship side of things and has thrown in a D700 with a lens to the prizes.


I thought today I would tell you all about one of my most used actions, actually 2 different actions that accomplish the same thing in the end. I call them web vertical, and web horizontal. Real creative names I know. I post images on the Internet almost every day, and if not, I am at least sending an image through email every day, and using the full size images is almost impossible with my slow blackberry connection for Internet here at work. This is what I do:

Open the image you want to re size for the web in photoshop. Go to your actions tab and create a new action. Name it either Web vertical, or web horizontal depending on which format of image you have open. Now go to IMAGE-IMAGE SIZE then change the highest number(width or height) to 800. The opposite of the one that you changed will change automatically to keep the correct proportions for the image. You can now stop recording by pressing stop on the actions tab. Now you have an action to change the image size. I know it doesn't sound like much, but when you are resizing a bunch of images for the web, it's nice to be able to open and re size each image fast. Make sure you change your actions tab back to button mode when you are done recording the action. Now whichever version you did first, now do the opposite. Now you have a resizing no matter what the orientation of the image.
That's it, that's all. I'm outta here for the day. I have to finish editing photos from Saturday so I'll see you all later. Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment