Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thursday, June 4th




Hey everyone. Nothing exciting about this shot really. Just a high key shot of another photographer at the workshop yesterday. I just wanted to share it with you so you could see a little more of what we did yesterday.

I just got the details all hammered out about the photowalk that I'm leading here in Cincinnati. For all the info go Here. There are only 50 spots available so act quick if you want to participate. There are thousands of dollars in prizes to be won. It should be a great time!

I promised everyone that I would do a review on the Pocket wizards today, so here goes. I picked up a pair of the Pocket Wizzard Plus II's yesterday. I have been putting it off for so long now and I decided to get off of my laurels and get some. The reason that I was waiting was because (as many of you already know) they are due to release the TTL Flex units for Nikon at the end of this month. I have some shoots coming up that I will need them though so I got some "regular" units for now. Don't let that fool you though. These puppies aren't any slouches though. To start with they have a 1600 foot range, will fire speedlights(flash), studio strobes, as well as trigger Camera's(something the new flex units can't do). Really the only thing that it can't do is TTL metering. To be honest, I can work with the Nikon CLS system when I need TTL metering. So what do you get, and how much do they cost. Well right now, for $169 you can get a Pocket Wizard Plus II shown here:

Photobucket

Right now Pocket Wizard has a rebate going for $35 off each unit. This is huge. I've never seen them this cheap before. So here's the skinny, if you want to be able to take your flash off of your camera, and place it up to 1600 feet away and be able to fire it consistently, you need a pocket wizzard. If you have studio strobes and are tired of tripping all over the cords hanging all over the place, you need a pair of Pocket wizzards. They are solid, reliable, all around wonderful units that are backwards compatible. This is important when I go to buy the Pocket Wizzard Flex units to be able to do TTL. They will all work effortlessly together.


Tomorrow night is the monthly "Shop Bellevue" happening in our business district. All of the shops will be open until 9pm giving away things, or giving away things at a discount. We're going to be hanging out with beer and wine if anyone wants to stop down, you are welcome to. see you all there! Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment